Teams with complementary skills and backgrounds, compete to prove their capacity and execution capability by providing the most innovative solutions to the challenges of the CAPSELLA Innovation Contest.
The bidding process will be completed with the presentations of the contestants to the jury of the CAPSELLA Innovation Contest. For the presentation the participating teams should be aware of the following:
- The length of the presentation is strictly five minutes followed by 5 minutes for questions by the jury.
- The presentation should be complete and comprehensive.
- The presentation should tackle all the evaluation criteria of CAPSELLA Contest.
- Presentation can be complemented by slides and/ or any other audiovisual mean and/ or the presentation of a prototype, if available.
- Teams should have in mind that they are addressing a potential client/ investor that they want to convince to invest into their idea.
- Teams should be ready to answer to the questions of the jury.
The evaluation process is based only on the Evaluation Criteria, the Final Presentations of the Teams and their answers to the Jury’s Questions.
Each jury member uses a standardized evaluation form and evaluates all the evaluation criteria after the presentation and question session of each group. Upon completion of the presentation the jury deliberates, ranks the teams based on their score in the CAPSELLA Innovation Contest criteria and announces the winners.
The evaluation committee consists of 5 people, accredited professionals, academics and investors, with deep knowledge of the agro- biodiversity sector.
- 14:30 - 15:30 Participants arrival and registration- Team Formation Completion - Teams submit the challenges they are going to compete on
- 15:30 - 16:30 Welcome speech by organizers - Keynote Speeches - Presentation of the Contest and its schedule
- 16:30 Work starts
- 16:30 - 18:00 Teams organize their ideas
- 18:00 - 20:00 Meetings with Mentors
- 20:00 - 21:00 Dinner
- 21:00 - 24:00 Work continues
- 00:00 - 08:00 Work continues long into the night
- 08:00 - 09:00 Breakfast
- 09:00 - 11:00 Work continues
- 11:00 - 13:00 Meetings with Mentors
- 13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
- 14:00 - 15:30 Meetings with Mentors
- 15:30 - 16:30 Finalization of presentations and oral preparation
- 16:30 Participants submit their presentations
- 16:30 - 18:30 Pitching of the ideas and questions from the jury
- 18:30 - 19:30 Deliberation by the jury
- 19:30 - 20:30 Announcement of Winners and Awards Ceremony
- 20:30 Party
- Read the participation terms and conditions.
- Get organised in 2 to 5 person teams.
- Choose as early as possible the challenge in which you will compete.
- Read the evaluation criteria of the CAPSELLA Innovation Contest
- Read the interesting material provided in the section”useful links”
- Participate in the CAPSELLA Innovation Contest Warmup on the 25.09.2017.
- Keep up with the CAPSELLA Innovation Contest through the website, Facebook and Twitter.
- Bring your laptop, charger and power strips.
- Bring with you any software needed to design and develop your applications and to prepare your presentations.
- Wear comfortable clothes. The organization lasts several hours.
- Bring your sleeping bags if you want to stay overnight.
- Form interdisciplinary teams with members with expertise in different sectors.
- Let your fantasy and your creativity free. Think «out of the box», brainstorm, choose the main characteristics of your idea and implement it.
- Share the work that should be done among the members of your team. Use a voting process to easier meet your decisions.
- Use a time schedule and organize your work.
- Ask the experts. There will be mentors that will help you throughout the CAPSELLA Innovation Contest. Utilize them!
- Do not forget Intellectual Property issues and issues related to the validity of the data you use.
- Have fun! CAPSELLA Innovation Contest is a chance to meet new people, learn interesting stuff and live unique experience.
- Coffee, drinks, refreshments, food, snacks.
- Electricity, high speed internet connection.
- Advice and support by accredited Mentors.
- Stationary for your notes and brainstorming sessions.
- Equipment for your presentations.
- Data and access to software to develop applications.
- Technological equipment (computers/ laptops, chargers and power strips).
- Sleeping bags.
- You can apply only online via the webpage. Deadline for applications is on the 29th of September at 23:59.
- Applications for participation in the CAPSELLA Acceleration Programme are only available for individual applicants. For the participation in the innovation contest being part of a 2-5 persons team is obligatory. Only team participations are eligible to participate in the innovation contests. Finally, once the participants have made it to phase 3, during the bootcamp, and in order to prepare themselves for the business plan presentation.
- After successfully being selected as a participant you can start building your team. You can complete your team formation until one hour before the start of the CAPSELLA Innovation Contest. To meet your potential team members you can participate in the informative event for participants, the Warm Up Event at a2-innohub.
- Each participating team can consist of 2 to 5 members.
- Participants should bring all the needed technical equipment for their participation computers/ laptops, chargers and power strips. No technological equipment is provided from the organisers during the CAPSELLA Innovation Contest. During the contest high speed connection will be provided in a2-innohub for the participants.
- The place will be guarded by a professional security service throughout the CAPSELLA Innovation Contest.
- Yes you may stay overnight in the venue of the CAPSELLA Innovation Contest. Don’t forget to bring your sleeping bags!
- Yes, food will be offered for free to all participants throughout the duration of the CAPSELLA Innovation Contest in the contest venue.
- The intellectual property created from the individuals and teams during and as a result of their participation in the CAPSELLA Acceleration Programme belongs solely to its creators according to the current legislative framework. Participants also fully maintain any pre-existing copyright of their work and of the results of a this work, which were produced before their participation in the programme. With their participation in the programme, participants explicitly agree to provide the right to the organiszers to use and display the results exclusively for implementation and promotion purposes, or in order to highlight the results of the programme. Any public reference to the participants’ outcomes/ creations (name, key features etc) made by the Organisers, shall include a reference to the creators of the corresponding business idea/ application.